Monday 28 September 2009

Future Fashion Now at the Victoria and Albert Museum








Whilst in London for the London Fashion Weekend, I went to the V&A to see the current exhibition Future Fashion Now. Its a collaboration of work from the 2008 fashion graduates from the Royal College of Art. Showcasing research, design, technical and development process. This exhibition is a real inspiration for me as it showed other students work that I can relate to my own. Something I was particularly interested in was the sketchbook work that showed the process and ideas behind the designs and final outcomes. My favourite piece had to be the fur coat with stripy sleeves and leggings by Jonathan Penn. What I admire about all the outfits is that they all have a very individual approach.

No comments:

Post a Comment